Data Privacy Statement for mobile applications
This data privacy statement of upjers GmbH, Hafenstrasse 13, 96052 Bamberg, Germany is valid for all mobile applications (hereinafter referred to as "apps") offered by upjers. With this statement, we aim to inform you about the collecting and processing of personal data comprehensively.
1. Data privacy is an essential concern of upjers´ corporate policy. Basically personal data is data which can be attributed to a specific person directly or with the aid of additional information. Therefore upjers always uses its best efforts to collect and process as few data as possible. Nevertheless in certain cases the collection of some data might be inevitable, especially to ensure a proper conduction of the contractual relationships. The collecting and processing of data serves particularly to enable our customers a comfortable and widespread usage of our mobile services. Beyond that, we would like to optimize our apps for you and guarantee a secure usage at all times.
2. If you download and use our apps from an official distribution platform (e. g. Google Play, App Store), personal data is regularly collected by the individual operator (e. g. Google, Apple). Therefore explicitly and exclusively responsible is the individual operator of the distribution platform, who in turn provides information about its collecting and processing of personal data in his own data privacy statement. Little details are known, however basing on the published information we would like to inform you, that certain data is regularly collected and saved (log files) by the operator. This data is automatically transmitted to the platform's web server by your terminal device (such as the name of the downloaded app, date and time of your last access, number of app launches). upjers is able to access some of these data via its merchant account within the respective platform, but in an anonymized form solely.
3. Furthermore, the distribution platforms collect data for payment processing, for example for paid apps or in app purchases. This data is partially also transmitted to and processed at upjers for billing and documentation purposes.
4. upjers saves and processes data which is entered into the input forms of an app (such as login data, if applicable) or which is disclosed to other users, if you communicate with them within the framework of an app (e. g. by using a message feature). In the case of contacting upjers (e. g. by using a contact form), your information is saved for the processing of your inquiry. We advise you to avoid indicating personal data as far as possible and to create user accounts using a pseudonym preferably.
5. Under certain circumstances, apps may occasionally collect data from your mobile device because of its authorization settings. Before an app's installation, users are usually asked to grant authorizations. Granting certain authorizations is necessary in order to ensure an app's unrestricted functionality. These authorizations allow for the app to access certain features of your mobile device. Our apps only request such authorizations that are necessary for a proper operation of the respective service. In the case that an authorization comprises rights which are not required, upjers will make no use of them. Granted authorizations are only exploited insofar as it is necessary for the respective app's operation. Additional information concerning particular authorizations are available in the scope of any respective app's service.
1. You may request information about the nature and extent of your personal data saved by upjers at any time. In addition, you may request a change or deletion of such data. In order to do so, please send your inquiry consisting of a concrete request and proper authentication to:
Please remember to provide us with additional information (e. g. login name, account-ID) enabling us to allocate your request.
Please note that for technical reasons, slight delays may occur when a change or deletion of data has been requested. Please mind, that in case of an existing statutory obligation to retain data, we are only able to completely delete your data at a later date. In this case, your data is providently blocked.
2. For general questions about data protection, please contact the following e-mail address:
The Audience measurement serves us to gauge an app's or certain features' commercial success by reference to statistical data. Furthermore, errors and crashes can be tracked and eventually remedied by using this means.
You may object to the collecting and processing of data through the software at any time by clicking the following links, thus making use of the opt-out function: http://www.optoutmobile.com/optout/index.html
Our apps are aimed at adults. Usage by minors is only authorized with the consent of their legal guardians. Insofar as children who have not yet reached the age of 13 would like to use our services, they need to mail the written consent of their legal guardian to the contact address indicated below. Any such statement is required to confirm notice of this data privacy statement. User accounts of persons who have not yet reached the age of 13 and for whom no such written statement of consent is available will be subject to immediate deletion as soon as we will become aware of them.
Our apps may link to websites or third-party apps within the scope of our services. Please note that our data privacy statement is not valid for any such third-party service. upjers will assume no liability in relation to data privacy for these third-party services. In particular, upjers cannot be made liable, if such services do not follow the same data privacy standards upjers offers you. We therefore recommend that you always carefully read the data privacy statements of these services.
upjers reserves the right to change or expand this data privacy statement, if this becomes necessary (e. g. due to a change in data privacy legislation). In the case that upjers would like to use your personal data on another scale than before, we will of course inform you timely beforehand and beg for your respective consent, if applicable. We recommend you to inform yourself regularly about the current state of the Data Privacy Statement.
CEO: Klaus Schmitt
Address: Hafenstrasse 13, 96052 Bamberg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)951/5109080 (no support)
(0)951/510908102 (no support)
E-mail: email@example.com (no support)
Trade register number: HRB 5558
Court of registry: Local court of Bamberg
Valid as of December 2015