We keep receiving requests by players, who'd like to make Youtube videos for our games. Here at upjers, we very much apreciate your interest as well as your creativity. In general, we enjoy seeing our games in "Let's Plays" and similar formats. We suppose you may ask yourselves about our attitude regarding the usage of content copyrighted by upjers in these videos. To avoid any insecurities right from the start, we'd therefore like to show you here, which prerequisites you have to meet and bear in mind when using our contents.
And there are good news for all "Let's Players"! You may publish any videos featuring our games produced by yourselves via Youtube or similar portals without our prior consent - given you mind the following points:
- All videos should be publicly accessible. Access to them may not be restricted by fees or anything similar.
- Should the respective portal enable its users to monetize their content, you are permitted to use these functions for your video. Any commercial marketing of your videos beyond that is, however, not permitted without our prior consent.
- Make sure to include a link to the game's original login-page (such as www.MyFantasticPark.com) in the video's description, so it'll be easier to find for interested parties. If possible, also link the upjers portal-channel (upjers International Youtube Channel).
- Don't give your viewers the impression that your videos are official upjers videos. The best thing you can do to ensure this, is to precede the title with your name or pseudo, such as, for example "Sandra's Let's Play to My Free Zoo".
- In case the video shows beta-versions of games, please make sure to mention that in its title or description.
- Videos about real or supposed "hacks", "cheat bots" or similar that contravene our general terms and conditions are of course not permitted.
- You may not license your videos to others. Apart from publishing your videos via Youtube and/or similar portals, all other uses additionally need our express prior consent.
- Please keep a friendly and respectful tone throughout your videos. Especially contents that are of racist, hateful, insulting, harassing, threatening, defaming, slandering, political or religiously extremist nature, that violate anyone's personal rights, and/or are pornographic, obscene or harmful to minors in any other way, are prohibited.
- You may not use any other copyrighted content (such as, for instance, pieces of music) except for our contents in your videos without the prior consent of the respective copyright-owners.
We expressly reserve the right to change or expand these rules and regulations at any time. Furthermore, upjers may revoke the granted rights of use at any time, especially if a user infringes one or more of the above-mentioned points.
In case you have further questions on videos of our games or any of the points listed in this permission, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject-title "Let's Play".
Valid as of: February 25th 2013