What is an Apple ID?
An Apple ID is account for Apple programs and services, such as the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime and more. If you use one of these, chances are you already have an Apple ID - you only need one for all of these.
How can I create an Apple ID if I don't have one?
If you have iTunes or iCloud, you'll be prompted to create an Apple ID when you log in for the first time. You can also go to the Apple ID website and select Create Your Apple ID.
You'll need a valid e-mail address, your date of birth and some security questions to sign up. Find out more here.
Setting up payment options
- Open iTunes.
- Click Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.
- Click your name and select Account Info from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your password again.
- On the Account Information screen click Edit next to Payment Type to see the possible payment types.
- Choose your preferred payment option.
- Available payment methods vary by country. Common payment methods include: Credit cards, Debit cards, Store credit, (including iTunes Store Gift Cards), Gift Certificates, PayPal (requires the account to be linked to a credit card), & Mobile phone billing (through supported carriers).
- More information here.
Can I pay via my mobile service provider?
If your mobile carrier supports it, you can pay for your App Store purchases through mobile phone billing. Mobile phone billing is currently not available in all countries - be sure to check first!
Setting up Mobile Phone Billing
- Open the iTunes Store or App Store app.
- Scroll down the bottom of the screen and tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID and sign in.
- Tap Payment Information.
- Select Mobile Phone in the list of payment options.
- If you're currently using the device who's billing information you would like to use, select "Use This Mobile Number” and tap next; if you don't see that option or want to use a different number, tap "Use a Different Mobile Number," then continue.
Note: If you're not using iOS 8.4 or higher, you'll need to enter your mobile phone number manually.
- Apple will check the validity of the number, and if it checks out, it will add it as your payment method.